Help in Other Ways
As the TFP has grown, we've found that we need more help. Maybe you already donate food through TFP, but you'd like to do more to help. Take a look at this list and see if there's something you'd enjoy doing. Then contact us by completing our Volunteer Form at the bottom of this page.
- Tabling. A great way to meet new people. Help us set up a table at a local business in Talent. Then have fun chatting with passersby, thanking current TFP members and signing up new ones. (It really works! In fact, it's our most effective way of getting new members.) We'll supply all the materials and teach you how to do it. We usually work in 2-hour shifts.
- Helping at the Food Bank. On pickup day, dozens of volunteers pitch in at the food bank, accepting, sorting and stocking the food delivered by the TPFP. It's an exciting, celebratory atmosphere. Volunteers generally work in 2- or 3-hour shifts. Pickup day is the 2nd Saturday of each even month.
- Canvassing. Every once in a while, we organize a group-canvassing effort in a particular area of town, to expand our food donor base. Don't worry if you've never knocked on doors before; we'll team you with an experienced canvasser so you'll have fun with a partner while you learn. It's an important way to keep the TFP growing!
- Special Events. Got a few hours to spare? We can always use help with events like the 4th of July parade, Talent Harvest Festival or even a potluck dinner. There are plenty of different jobs available for every event. And if you like planning events well, have we got a job for YOU!
- Emergency Pick Ups. Every once in a while a Neighborhood Coordinator gets ill, is out of town, or just plain needs assistance on pickup day. So we need a list of people we can call on to pick up food in a pinch (you need to have a vehicle for this).
- Sharing Skills. Do you have a special skill or interest you'd like to share? We can probably use it! Writing, editing, web site or data management, bookkeeping, photography …you name it. Just let us know what you can (or would like to) and we'll find a place for it!
Sat, April 8
Food Pantry Volunteers Needed!
Call Philip At: 541-897-2208
Most Needed Donations:
- Cooking Oil
- Canned Meat, Tuna, Chicken, Sardines etc.
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Vegetables (not Green Beans)
- Canned Beans (not Kidney or Black)
- Dried Beans & Legumes (Split Peas, Lentils, Barley, etc.)
- Pinto Beans
- Pork & Beans
- Refried Beans
- Hearty Soups
- Brown Rice
- Long Grain White Rice
- 1 pound coffee(plain coffee, no flavors)
- Instant coffee
- Side Dishes (Hamburger Helper, Rice-a-Roni, etc.)
Especially for Seniors
- Dried Fruits
- Ready made jell-o & pudding
- Ensure protein drinks
- Low-sodium Pull-tab Soups
- Low-sodium Single-
- Low-sodium Crackers
- Green Tea (regular and decaf)
- Canned Vegetables
- Hard Candies
- Toilet Paper
- Senior Protection
- Dog & Cat Food